Releasing your book is only half the battle. A marketing strategy can determine either the success or failure of your published works. To catapult your book into the realm of success, you must have a plan of action. Here are just a few ideas for creating an effective marking plan for a new release:
- Establish an Online Presence: i.e: Website, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Pinterest and other social media sites.
- Create Media/Press Kit EPK
- Press Release
- E-mail blast
- Contact Media, local newspapers, magazines, and even cable television
- Request Reviews
- Contact Book Clubs
- Create Book Trailer (or hire someone to do it)
- Schedule Virtual Radio/Blog Tour
- Schedule In-Person Events at local bookstores and some cafés will also host readings
- Coordinate Paid Advertisements (Be sure to stagger your promotions)
© 2013 Lá Tanyha Boyd: Marketing Mentor, All Rights Reserved.